13th March 2016 @ 10am
This run is a pre-Easter road race, on quiet country lanes in and around the beautiful Cotswold town of Minchinhampton. This event, established in 2009, has been accurately measured and although contains one hill and a few undulations it is still a reasonably quick course. There is also a Junior race , which is a 2 lap run on the Common, completely traffic free with hay bales and wooden log obstacles to add to the challenge.
“wonderful morning with lots of friendly runners. route was mostly downhill until about 6k, then had to go back up! relatively quick course though. Marshals were great, so friendly! loved it!“, Jennifer McArthur
Cotswold Allrunners is once again supporting the Longfield Charity, formerly Cotswold Care, Registered Charity No: 298627
Looking for the Mini Minch >>>
Local, friendly, mildly challenging, welcoming, family atmosphere, efficiently organised race on local roads and lanes with a grand final stretch up the main street. The hill at 6-7k demands respect, John Cooper
From the start on the Common at the back of Minchinhampton Primary School, the 10k route heads across the Common for approx 400m and then turns left onto Dr Browns Road. This road descends sharply towards the end where it meets Windmill Rd. At this Junction, the 1km Distance Mark, a left turn now takes runners through the narrow lane, West End and into the Centre of Minchinhampton, as seen in panoramic photo above.
Continuing through Minchinhampton, up Tetbury Street and with a few undulations out past HRH Princess Anne’s Home, Gatcombe Park, the route begins to descend past the New Minchinhampton Golf Course towards Avening. Now at the lowest point on the course a right turn into the hamlet of Nagshead and reaching the halfway point of the race and Drinks Station and First Aid point.
Now comes the 1.5 km hill on the lane dividing the Golf Course and back to Hampton Fields. A left followed by a right onto the Hyde Rd brings runners to Crackstone and 7km in to the run. Shortly afterwards merging with the Avening Rd and heading back in towards the Town Centre, via Tobacconist Rd. Turning right up Butt St for the final hill, before entering the Common at Blue Boys Corner for a final 300m on grass to the finish.
To enter this race, you must complete the Online Registration Form accurately, make sure you understand the rules and acknowledge the Events Disclaimer before continuing to PayPal, where your payment should be made. Your place isn’t assured until full payment is received. Your PayPal email receipt is confirmation of entry and you should keep this email for future reference. A confirmation email/text will be sent from Cotswold Allrunners shortly after payment is recieved. You will receive a further email containing a link to the Race Information Sheet approx 2 weeks prior to the Event.
Transfers, Withdrawls & Refunds
- I can't run in this race now. How do I WithdrawIf you wish to withdraw from the event please inform us as soon as possible. In accordance with our event policy, we can’t offer you a refund, but we can offer you the good feel factor that someone else wishing to participate may now be able to do so.
- Can I transfer my place to someone else?Transfers can only be considered once the race limit has been reached and at the discretion of the organisers, who feel there is enough time to do so. The person whose place it is, must contact the events organiser at least 7 days prior to the event for a transfer code. Then the person wishing to take the place must complete the online registration form and enter the transfer code. If you are affiliated and the person you are transferring to isn’t, then a £2 surcharge will be due on race day, payable on collection of race number.
- Can I defer my place to next year?No, there are no deferment options with this event, so if you can’t attend, you may consider transferring your place to someone else
- Can I get a refund?No, there are no refunds for Cotswold Allrunners Events. If an event has to be postponed due to unforeseen circumstances then your entry will be automatically applied to the rescheduled date without charge. If the event has to be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the organisers control, then a reasonable donation will be made the official event charity.
All rules are at the final discretion of the Race Director/Referee. No challenges will be permitted.
- Race Number, Timing Chip & Medical InformationRunner bib number must be worn on the front of the body and must be easily visible at all times. In addition to medical information provided by the runner during the online registration process, runners must fully disclose at race registration, changes to existing medical conditions and/or prescription medications being taken
- Out on the RouteYou should familiarise yourself with the route and where uncertain, contact the events team to clarify any issues before entering. You can download and print the map of the route. Runners must follow the marked course at all times. Runners may not store supplies of any kind along the trail.LitteringLittering of any kind will result in immediate disqualification. Runners caught littering will be banned from all future Cotswold Allrunners events. Please respect the natural beauty of our environment and the right of everyone to enjoy them. Littering will threaten our use in the future of the race.Other users on the routeThis route, apart from the Start/Finish area is all on public highways and other users have the right of way. Please be aware of vehicles and other people whilst you are running and be as polite and courteous as possible to them, making way when necessary. You do not have priority over any other users out on the course, most will be totally unaware of the event taking place. A
- Completing the Race - DisclaimerEach runner must complete the entire course under his or her own power. Runners compete in this event entirely at their own risk including but not limited to road crossings, river crossings, level crossings and all other hazards of the trail. There will be a full waiver to sign at registration. Runners refusing to sign the waiver will not be permitted to start.
- Support or Unofficial RunnersNo Pacers or support runners are permitted in this event and if a runner is seen with such, will be disqualified. There will be no unofficial runners and any unofficial runners will be banned from taking part in future Cotswold Allrunners events
- At the VenueRunners are responsible for the actions of their supporters/spectators and the runner will be held accountable
- Unable to complete the RaceAny runner who is unable to finish the race must personally inform the nearest Marshal or Checkpoint of his/her decision to withdraw and hand over the race Bib and Chip. This serves as official notice of a runner’s withdrawal from the race. Runners who leave the course without turning in their number will be classified as “lost,” initiating search and rescue, for which the runner will be responsible of any cost incurred unnecessarily.
- Marshals and Road CrossingsYou should always follow the instructions given to you from Event Marshals. All road junctions will be marshalled, but marshals are not there to help you cross the junction and are by law not allowed to interfere with road traffic. You cross all roads (this includes Junctions even though you are on the main road/pavement) at your own risk, so please look left, look right and again before crossing the road/junction.
- Rules for PrizesRules for prizes:
- General Category Winners are based on Finish Line position
- Competitors can only claim 1 prize
- Veteran Category Prizes are based on Race Day Age
- Only Trophies/Plaques for non attending winner at the Prizes Presentation can be forwarded (i.e. not other items such as Bottles of Wine or Boxes, Chocolates or other gifts)
- John Pope Cup Award may be awarded at a later date